Project Home • Blog • Forums • Known Issues • External Project Link • Contact Project
Author: Bob Silverberg (All RIAForge projects by this author)
ValidateThis is an object oriented validation framework designed with the following goals in mind:
- Allow for an unlimited number of validation types (e.g., Required, Email, EqualTo, Range, etc.) and allow for new validation types to be added without requiring any modifications to the core or existing validations.
- Ability to define validation rules in metadata (e.g., in an xml file) and automatically generate code, on the fly, for both client-side and server side validations. This will include automatic failure message generation.
- Return metadata when validations fail, to allow an application developer to implement flexible message display options.
- Any invalid values submitted by a user will be available for display via the business object for which the validation was performed.
- The framework should be persistence layer agnostic. it should be possible to integrate it with any ORM or custom developed model.
- The framework should be MVC framework agnostic. it should be possible to integrate it with any existing or homegrown MVC framework.
More information is available at http://www.validatethis.org
- version 0.75 added internationalization (i18n) support
- version 0.8 added a Coldbox Plugin
- version 0.91 added support for ColdFusion on Wheels objects and Groovy objects
I will be happy to try to answer any questions that anyone has who is attempting to use the code. In the interest of keeping things DRY, I request that any questions be directed to the Google group at http://groups.google.com/group/validatethis.
Recent Blog Entries:
3/8/13 Very nice xpath and css selector locator cheat sheet for Selenium
2/4/13 Debugging Gaia Tests with PyCharm
1/28/13 My First Two Months With Mozilla
7/24/12 Getting Started with virtualenv and virtualenvwrapper in Python
7/13/12 Setting Up PyCharm to Run MozWebQA Tests
- a fix to the JS generation to avoid errors being thrown when a field is missing
- processOn attribute added to rule entity, to allow for validation only on server and/or only on client
- fixed a bug in the isValidObject SRV
- performance enhancements to some CRSs
- updated ServerValidator so it doesn't care about missing properties for custom validation types
- fixed a bug where calling addResult didn't make the receiving result a failure if the added result was a failure
ColdFusion 8.0.1, or Railo 3.1. OpenBD is not currently supported.
ColdFusion 9 is required for annotation support.
Some Demo apps require either Reactor or Coldspring 1.2 and Transfer 1.0. The StructureDemo has no additional requirements.
This project has an external bug tracker. You can find it here:
This project hosts its source control at an external location:
Adobe and the Adobe product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.